January 12, 2021
Happy New Year! We trust that this information will help you stay up-to-date on what is happening in your Canfield Schools. We encourage you to submit your student and/or staff achievements to CanfieldUpdate@CanfieldSchools.net.
- Parents/guardians, please continue to notify the school district within 24 hours if your child receives a positive COVID-19 test result. You have been doing an amazing job!! All positive case information will be updated on our website under the COVID-19 Informational Dashboard. In the event of a positive case, we will email a letter to all parents in the affected building using our established all call email system and post the letter on our website. All students in the affected classroom will bring home a letter as well.
- Governor DeWine, with guidance from the Ohio Department of Health, lessened the quarantine days of close contacts. If the exposure occurred in the classroom setting or on school transportation and proper mitigating measures were adhered to, the 10 day quarantine period is dismissed. With that said, if your child is identified as a close contact (within 6 feet for a cumulative 15 minutes or more), you will still be called by school staff. Parents can then make a decision on next steps for their child(ren).
It is important to note that this new guidance does not apply to athletics or extracurricular activities. The 14-day quarantine remains in effect for these activities. Students are not allowed to attend in-person instruction if they are a close contact outside the classroom\transportation setting, which includes: home, lunchroom, sports, and other extracurricular events.
- Report Cards will be released on Friday, January 15, 2021, for all high school students and Friday, January 22, 2021, for all elementary and middle school students. Students will be given a paper copy and can be viewed on ProgressBook (5-12). Our CDA students will have report cards mailed home.
- All Juniors will be taking the State-funded ACT at Canfield High School on February 23, 2021, starting at 8 a.m. We will be registering students for this test. We do not register them in ACT.org nor will we be setting up an account for them in ACT.org. Students should arrive at school before 7:45 a.m. the test starts promptly at 8:00 a.m.
- The first edition of the Cardinal Communique was mailed to all Canfield residents earlier this month. You can view it by clicking here.
- We have updated our website design, all of the features are still available. The “Quick Links” are now located on the top navigation bar.
- The Canfield Local School District will join more than 700 school districts throughout Ohio to celebrate January as School Board Recognition Month. The month celebrates board members as well as builds awareness and understanding of the vital function an elected board of education member plays in our society. Serving as a link between the community and classroom, school board members are elected to establish the policies that provide the framework for public schools. The dedicated individuals serving Canfield Schools are: Nader Atway, Matt Campbell, Traci DeCapua, Jennifer Kluchar, and David Wilkeson. Please thank a board member today!
- REMINDER: There will be No School on Monday, January 18, 2021, due to the observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
Joe Knoll, Superintendent