We trust that this information will help you stay up-to-date on what is happening in your Canfield Schools. We encourage you to submit your student and/or staff achievements to the following email…CanfieldUpdate@CanfieldSchools.net
- Parents/guardians, please continue to notify the school district within 24 hours if your child receives a positive COVID-19 test result. If your child tests positive over a weekend or holiday, please email our nurse at firstname.lastname@example.org. All positive case information will be updated on our website under the COVID-19 Informational Dashboard. In the event of a positive case, we will email a letter to all parents in the affected building using our established all call email system and post the letter on our website. Phone calls will continue to be made to close contact students as well.
- Please assess your child(ren) daily for symptoms. Our nursing staff is concerned about the number of sick students coming to school. Please help us, if any symptoms are present, please keep your child at home. Symptoms include: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
- Congratulations to the following students who were selected to participate in the Ohio Music Education Association Northeast Ohio Regional Orchestra: Gabriella Smallwood, John Heino, Aidan Fay, and Quinton Miller.
- Congratulations to the following students who were selected to perform with the Ohio Music Education Association District 5 High School Honor Band: Irene Dong, John Heino, and Quinton Miller. All three band members earned the principal chair for their sections.
- According to Second Harvest, CVMS hosted the largest food drive of 2021 to date! They collected 6,896 pounds which will provide over 5,700 meals! Thank you students and staff for your efforts!
- The Annual Canfield High School Senior Class Craft Show will take place on Saturday, December 4, 2021, from 10:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. at the High School.
- Thank you Mrs. Antal and the following students: Montana Drodouski, Mia D'Apolito. Ariella Anzevino, Chris Roman, Macey Kalina, Alexa Joseph, Lily Nelson, Quinton Miller, Brendan Barry, Maddie Ross, Whitney Miller, and Siena Harris for preparing 900 small “Thankful Pumpkins” for our school-wide PBIS activity!
- Congratulations to the following students who were selected to perform with the Ohio Music Education Association District 5 Middle School Honor Band: Lindsay Volenik, Marina Epp, Inaya Khan, Katie Semer, Natalie Sawicki, and Evan Linko.
- Congratulations Drew Carrocce for being selected as the Defensive Player of the Year in the All Mahoning County Big School Division!
- The Canfield Wrestling team will be having a Red/Black Scrimmage on Wednesday, December 8, 2021, at 7:00 p.m. in the High School Gym. The first 400 fans in attendance will receive a free Canfield Wrestling T-Shirt. Please come and support our Cardinal Wrestlers.
- Mark your calendar for the following Holiday School concerts that begin at 7 p.m.:
- Monday, December 6, 2021 (CHS Auditorium)- 5/6th grade choir
- Tuesday, December 7, 2021 (CHS Auditorium) - 7/8th grade choir
- Thursday, December 9, 2021 (CHS Auditorium) - CHS Choral Music Department
- Tuesday, December 14, 2021 (CVMS Front Gym) -Symphonic Band, CPMB Drum Line & 5th Grade Band
- Wednesday, December 15, 2021 (CHS Auditorium) - Concert Band, 6th & 7th Grade Bands
- Thursday, December 16, 2021 (CHS Auditorium)- Symphonic Band & 8th Grade Band
???????Joe Knoll, Superintendent